Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still Nothing

Not that things are beginning to feel hopeless, but I do wish I would at least get a phone call about a job. I applied for four more last week, two of which I really thought I was perfect for and I've still not gotten a phone call. It is pretty depressing. I am tired of sitting at home, tired of looking and not finding anything. Enough of that though...

Balin fell down on Saturday while on his changing table and hit his eye on the window sill. He got himself pretty good and he had a nice welt under his right eye. It has now turned a nice purple and it looks like he had gotten in a fight. He's a scrappy little guy, but I really can't picture him as a fighter. He has found a new addiction for the movie Cars. Yesterday he started watching it about half a dozen times. I say started because he only watches about the first 15-30 minutes of it before he loses interest. He's funny.

Gracie had dance practice last night and got her uniforms for her recital in May. They are really cute. I watched Gracie dance when I got to the studio and it nearly brought tears to my eyes. She is such a sweet little girl. The song her instructor picked for them is really slow and somber and it makes me think about how Gracie is growing up, getting older. I hate watching her getting older because I know before I can blink she will be a teenager. I hope we will always have a special relationship. She is my world.

Megan goes to the doctor tomorrow. I think they will probably schedule her ultrasound tomorrow. She hasn't had one because they were waiting for her Medicaid to come through so she wouldn't have to worry about paying a nasty big bill. She still doesn't know if she is going to find out the gender. She doesn't really know what she wants to name it. She doesn't really know what she is going to do. I suppose she is just going to play this whole motherhood thing by ear. Not necessarily the way I would go about it, but hey, not my kid.

Well, that's it for now. Everyone should be happy that I updated this thing twice in the span of a week. Maybe I'll get all political later on this week and post again. I wouldn't suggest you holding your breath though. :)

No comments: