Wednesday, June 25, 2008

RIP Whiskers

Well, I've got some bad news to share. Yesterday we found out from Caleb that earlier that morning he had found Gracie's kitten, Whiskers, dead at his house. We had sent Whiskers back to his original home when we discovered that he hadn't been eating while at our house. I was afraid the little kitten was going to starve to death and thought that he had been weened to early. From every indication Caleb had given us the little guy had been nursing when he first got back home, but over the weeks had quit even doing this. Caleb's dad seems to think that the kitten had something wrong with it's digestive track. Fortunately he had passed away at Caleb's and not our house. I would have hated for Gracie to discover her beloved cat when she woke up in the morning.

Gracie was a bit sad yesterday when she heard the news. I had told you earlier that she had cried when we decided to send Whiskers back to Caleb's. Thankfully she hadn't had time to get too attached to the cat. I think that his passing won't effect her that badly. We have continued to tell her that we will get her a new pet when we get back from vacation. I had initially figured on going to the Shelter and letting her pick out a cat, but Angie mentioned something about liking to have a dog again. Personally I would love a pup and Grace has already said that if she can't have a kitten she would like another Bassett Hound. I'm not sure I want to pony up the $300 it would take to get a hound, but I really can't see me having any other type of dog. We will most likely settle on a kitten.

No comments: