Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am a Novelist!

At 9:57pm on Saturday, November 2008 I was officially recognized as a novelist. After twenty nine days of writing I finally completed my 50,000 words necessary to win Nanowrimo.

I can't really describe the feeling of accomplishment I am experiencing. I loved writing this book and it feels so good to know that I accomplished something I've always wanted to do. I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time gloating about this, but I will tell you that I couldn't have been happier with the way my book turned out. Granted there is a lot of editing that needs to be done, but I'm up for it. The end of the book, which I was most worried about actually turned out way better than a I thought. I will be posting subsequent chapters as I go along so you will see. Right now I'm just happy I was able to accomplish my goal of writing a novel.

1 comment:

Brian Bristol said...

Congratulations Lon. I knew you could do it!

Look forward to reading the rest of this story, before you start on a new one. Don't give up on it.

P.S. I HATE the %(#)$@#$*(^%$@#$ word verification things they make you type in before you can post here. 90% of the time you can't even read them.