Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Update

Howdy on a Monday!

It was a pretty decent weekend, though extremely tiring. Angie and I were so whipped last night that we went to bed at quarter after nine. I was on my feet all day at the store and I had worn dress shoes, so my feet decided to completely quit working once I got home and my body was quick to follow. It was a pretty slow day at the store, but you could tell people are starting to gear up for the Christmas season as there was a lot of traffic and a lot of questions about "would you be here through Christmas" and all that noise. As it gets busier I think I am going to enjoy it a lot more. Once they get another person to work with me it will be even better as standing there with no one to talk to is pretty boring.

Friday night was Trick-or-Treating night. It was a beautiful night and the kids didn't even need coats. We went out with some friends in their housing addition and had a good time. Balin was able to put to practice his new words he's learned by saying "thank you" at least a million times. The two of them scored some good candy and now it is our task to keep them from eating it all over the next week. Balin is a candy-aholic and Grace is pretty bad as well.

Saturday was swim lesson day. I basically stayed at home with Balin. When Angie got home we went back out and shopped for shoes for Gracie and picked up a few things. Afterwards I took Gracie to visit a friend of mine I hadn't seen in awhile and then back home for some rest.

Sunday of course was work day, so I didn't do much. Ang and the kids went out to her folks' house and hung out there all day. Balin got to ride on the lawn tractor and really enjoyed that.

Overall it was a good weekend. I'm still a bit tired as both kids made appearances in our bedroom in the middle of the night. Grace was up at 2:30 with a sore throat and Bub crawled into bed with us after waking up crying at 4:45. I think both of them are fighting colds. I just hope I don't get it, though with my lack of rest recently I'm pretty susceptable right now.

I'm looking forward to election day tomorrow. Hopefull everything goes the way I hope it does. If not, it is going to be a long four years.

Well, that's a quick update. I'll be posting my first installment of my nanowrimo challenge a little bit later (hint: I'm already one day behind [boo, hiss]).

No comments: