Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Can't forget Bub

I would be remiss if posted about Gracie without also writing something about her little brother.

I'm not going to get all mushy about him, mostly because he is simply a terror right now and as much as I would like to fawn on about him, I really don't feel like it.

Bub is having some mouth issues. He has sores on his tongue that I guess he probably got from scraping it with his finger nails. He is having so many problems with his teeth that he puts his hands into his mouth and I think he is tearing up his tongue. I think Angie is going to see if she can find some children's Abesol to put on it to relieve some of the pain. I know that he didn't nap at all yesterday and struggled to go to sleep at bedtime. He just stands in his bed and screams. Eating is difficult for him. I hope these teeth stop hurting him soon as he is simply unbearable as he is.

Balin is starting to talk more and we have been able to pick out a few words. The other day he said Megan and that surprised us. He has also said Gracie, Daddy, Mommy, kitty, see it, and once we thought we heard him say thank you. It si so hard to tell when they are that little, but we do know he is progressing. He can point to his nose, eyes, ears, mouth, hair, toes and fingers. When you ask him to do simple things, like throw something away he understands and does so (he is very disciplined in that when you ask him to do something he does it right away).

Balin also understands different things. When you ask him if he wants a bath he runs into the bathroom and regardless of what he is wearing, tries to get into the tub. He knows what to do when you ask him if he wants to go outside, typically running to, opening, and scooting out the door. All I can say is you better have your shoes on when you ask because he throws a fit if he can't go out right away after you make the suggestion.

One thing I can say about the little guy is that he really loves his sisters. You can tell that he misses Megan. He loves to hug Gracie and whenever she is on the floor he wants to play with her. All and all he is a good little boy. He is smart, funny and determined. It will be interesting to watch him evolve as he grows older.

Soon he will be back to his normal self, the happy-go-lucky little guy who is cruising all over the house, getting into stuff and loving life. Until then I suppose we are just going to have to grin and bear it. I will try to get some morres of him when he is feeling a bit better. He just wasn't up to snuff this past weekend so my shots were limited.

No comments: