Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our Little Ballerina

Last night I took Gracie to her next to last ballet class of the year. I think she is really going to miss going. The classes are only 30 minutes long, but ballet is right up her alley. In case some of you readers aren't aware, Grace is a bit of a princess. That said, she lives to recreate moments like dancing at the ball with Prince Charming from Cinderella or gliding across the waters of Barbie's Swan Lake. This past weekend we had to take her in to get her pictures taken wearing her outfit that they will be in during their recital in a couple of weeks. She looks completely beautiful in her red, orange and purple.

Ballet is the kind of activity I can see Gracie doing for awhile. One thing we have noticed is that she is very good at ballet compared to other girls her age. I think part of that is because she practices on her own. She loves to dance and sing. I hope she keeps with this activity for a long time because it makes me proud to see her out there spinning and twirling around, her arms out to her sides or over her head. She flits around the dance floor at practice like a little butterfly. I love watching her. I think I will be disappointed when class is all done because she was made to dance.

Her recital is coming up on June 7th (sorry Danielle, I'm going to have to miss your graduation party). I'm really looking forward to seeing her dance put all together. I've been staying out of the studio when I drop her off, part out of the dance teachers request, part because I want to be surprised when I see her. I will try to take my camera and fild a video so I can post it here for everyone to see. Hopefully I can capture it all.

I am so grateful that I get to spend so much time with my kids, watching them be active, watching them grow up. I feel bad for my parents who split time with us because of their separation, knowing that even the few days that they missed with us would be forever lost. I hate going even one day without seeing my kids. In fact, I am anxious to get home every day after work just so I can get a running hug and kiss from Gracie. There is nothing more wonderful in life than the complete and uncompromising love of a small child. I know my friend Howard Tanner can support this statement as he enjoys his first child after 39 years of wishing for, but never having one.

Anyway, I just thought I would share a few lines about Gracie and her dancing. I wish (and hope) each of you will have a chance to see her sometime. Maybe this weekend she can give a little show...

No comments: