Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break Play Date

Well, today is the first day of Gracie's very first spring break. She is incredibly excited because Gracie is having a Daisy friend (Daisies are the kindergarten equivalent to Brownies) come over for a play date. The little girl is named Rachel and her and Gracie get along great. We've always had concerns because in the past when Gracie has been around other kids she is extremely bossy. I think this has to do with the fact that Gracie was pretty much an only child (let's be honest, Megan hasn't been a child for some time now) and frankly acted the part whenever she got around other kids. This meant that she always tried to dictate what they were going to do and when they were going to do it. I really think that kindergarten has done her a lot of good in developing her social skills. She seems to have quite a few friends and still enjoys going to school everyday. I hope that sticks with her. Like every parent I want to see my little girl succeed.

Anyway, Rachel is coming over and Gracie is going to have the opportunity to play gracious host. I just hope she doesn't revert back to that bossy little girl that used to live in my house.

I'm not sure what they have planned. I have a feeling it is going to involve a lot of Barbie dolls or Polly Pockets or My Little Ponies. Regardless there are a couple of things I can pretty much guarantee:
  1. My house is going to be a disaster
  2. Balin is going to get yelled at by his sister for getting into the middle of whatever they are playing with
  3. I'm going to be hiding in my den watching baseball while Angie deals with that mess.
Tomorrow I will update you all on how the paly date went. It should be a good time.

No comments: