Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gracie's Birthday

It is getting closer the the little princess' big day. She will be turning six years old on May 15th! I don't think she has ever been so excited about her birthday. We told her that this would be the first year that she could have a birthday party where other kids outside of the family will be invited. In actuality it looks like we may end up having two birthday parties for her in order for us to give each of them the attention that they deserve.
Gracie really didn't know what she wanted as her "theme" for the party. We wanted activities for the kids, so it looks like we are going to have a craft party. We looked at beads and stuff the other day and I made the suggestion that we should make beaded necklaces. I also thought that we could go to Hobby Lobby and pick up some inexpensive wooden boxes and paint them white and let the girls decorate them with different shiny baubles and sparkles. Gracie seemed to like that idea.

I need to work on designing the invitations. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that. I would like to do something really creative but I'm not sure. I just want this to be a fun party for Gracie. SHe is a good girl and deserves a memorable birthday. She has made it easy for us to come up with a gift. She really wants a scooter. Last night however she was riding on her cousin Dawson's and fell down and scraped up her knee. I need to get it figured out whether or not she wants one now. She may settle for one with three wheels instead of the two wheeler she previously requested.

After this past weekend's lip sync show Gracie is obsessed with getting the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. I keep telling her that she isn't getting a $20.00 movie three weeks before her birthday. I tried to pick up a copy at Atomic, but they haven't got any in yet, so that will have to wait. I kind of want to stay away from gifts like movies and other things that keeps her in front of the TV. She watches way too much television as it is. She needs more stuff that she can play with outside. I saw some toy golf clubs at Walmart the other day. I may get those for her because she mentioned the other day that she wanted to try golfing. I should take her to play putt putt and see if she likes that.

Gracie has also taken an interest in soccer. She said she wants to try playing it this summer. I think it is a good idea in that it would get her outside, get her some exercise and teach her something different. She is torn between cheerleading and soccer but I think we could get her to kick the ball around. A soccer ball might be a good suggestion for a birthday gift.

If anyone would like to get her something useful, she is growing out of all her summer pjs rather quickly. Something like, colorful and comfortable would really appeal to her. She would also love any clothes that she could take on vacation with her. She hasn't picked out a bathing suit yet, but I know she wants a new one.

The only other thing that I can think of that she really wants is the Barbie Mariposa doll. Don't mistake the Mariposa friends with the actual Barbie. The Barbie Mariposa has huge butterfly wings. She is enamoured with it. She wants the movie too because she is obsessed with all things Barbie. To the left is a picture of the actual Mariposa Barbie doll that she wants.

As far as the dates for the party, I'll need to check with Angie. I think the party with all her school friends is going to be on Friday, May 9th. Not sure on that yet. As far as the family party, again, I need to check with Angie. I'm supposed to be playing in a golf outing to raise money for the Woodlan Marching Band on the 17th of May. Ang said she thinks I should play because I never play golf anymore and it will give me a chance to see a bunch of band people I don't get a chance to talk to very often. Once we get the days and times figured out I'll post it here.

If anyone has any questions about Gracie's birthday party, let me know. You can send comments to the blog, email me at my blog addy (lonnbristolblog@gmail.com) or just send a message to my regular email.

No comments: