Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Trouble with Bub

Don't think that all I write about is trouble I'm having with my kids. Sure, they keep me hopping, but overall they are pretty good. The problem is that we are getting way to old for the amount of physical activity it takes to keep up with the two little ones.

Look at the picture to the right. You see that? Please note, that is not a staged picture. That's what we get to enjoy when for one brief moment we are not looking at Balin. He may not be walking, but that little dude is fast. That full roll of toilet paper you see gathered around him is about a minute's worth of concentrated effort put forth by Angie's son. Yeah, I said Angie's son. He's all hers. That little dude is trouble if you don't watch him. I've taken it upon myself to attempt to photo document his greatest moments. Please note: I'm sure many additional pictures are to follow.

For instance... The picture to the left is from last night, immediately following dinner time. I was clearing the table, putting away the condiments, leftovers, etc. I didn't realize that the fridge door being open was an invitation for the monster child to leave his previously important task of pulling all the clean bowls out of the cupboard and move to the refridgerator for his own personal inventory. Needless to say it didn't take him very long to get whatever he could get his hands on out onto the floor for some really fun playtime. The little dude is just way to quick. Angie has completely given up on him. Her belief is that he will eventually need to sleep, then we can clean up. No sense trying to keep up with him. At 40 years old we just don't have the energy anymore. I think I have the best strategy, I just tell Grace that I'll pay her a dollar if she picks up after him. Problem with that is I'm going to need a third job and Gracie is going to need an investment broker for all her money.

Well, he may be a handful, and if he wasn't so cute he would be terrorizing the streets of Fort Wayne all on his own, but for now we think we'll keep him. I'm working on a machine that we can use to harness all his energy. If I get get that developed we are golden.

No comments: