Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Poll

For all my loyal readers (like this is the New York Times or something) I've posted a new poll to the right (and maybe down a little bit). I was curious, if you could travel anywhere in the world, what continent would you make a bee-line to?

To give you a little idea about how I would answer, I said I would want to go to Europe. Specifically I would like to visit France. Now I can't speak a word of French, so I'm guessing I would come across as the uber-tourist. That said, I believe that there is so much to see in France, particularly the Brittany area of the country.

One place in particular that I would love to visit beyond all others would be Mont St. Michel along the northern coast of the country. The Mont is a tidal island, and at one time a mighty fortress. It is now a pretty well known tourist attraction. It has been said that J.R.R. Tolkein of the Lord of the Rings fame model his mythical city of Minas Tirith after Mont Saint Michel. I can see where he got his vision.

I imagine the island is as beautiful in person as it is in pictures. I've always been one for history and places like Mont Saint Michel are steeped in it. I would also love to see the rest of Europe, particularly the Tuscan Region of Italy, the ruins within the city of Athens, Greece, and the rough circles of Stonehenge in England.

The world is such an incredible place. I just wish sometimes it wasn't so big so I could have an opportunity to get a first hand glimpse of it. Oh well, I've always got Fort Wayne.

Feel free to share your stories with me. I would love to hear them. BTW, clicking on any of the pictures in this blog should open them for a better view of each.

No comments: