Thursday, April 17, 2008

Little Miss Busy Britches

I've been a little swamped here at work the last couple of days so I may not get to post as much as I would like, but after working through lunch today I decided I deserved a few minutes of downtime so I could send a post your way.

Here is a little about what Gracie has going on this weekend.

Tonight Angie has to take her into Fort Wayne to an auditorium where she has dress rehersal for her school's lip sinc contest that is going on tomorrow. I guess each of the teachers get to pick a song and lip sinc while the kids accompany them. I guess the kids dance and help with the "singing". I guess that is supposed to take about a half hour tonight with the performance being tomorrow night at 6:30pm. From what I've read they get a pretty sizable crowd. They will be up on a big stage. I'm curious to how Gracie does in front of a bunch of people. If she takes after me I think she'll do just fine.

Saturday morning we have the young author's conference where Gracie will be presenting her book that she wrote. I'm really looking forward to that. She has already read it on television here in Fort Wayne, not once, but twice. Again, I think she'll do just fine. I'm really excited because I harken back to when I was young when my mom took Brian (my brother) and I to a poetry writing conference where we got our own books and heard some poetry for really the first time. While I'm not doing a good job keeping up with my online writing commitment (I'm not liking the story that is running through my mind so it is slowing me a bit) I will say that writing is a passion of mine and anything that can inspire my child to either read or write would be a great thing. I hope Grace is as a voracious reader as I am. Based on what I've seen so far I think she will be.

Saturday night Angie is going scrapbooking at the mall, so it is officially date night for the kids and I. I'm not sure what we are going to do. I will probably swipe a movie from Atomic so Grace can watch it. She has been asking me to as I skipped grabbing one last week. We will probably grab dinner from somewhere and get a special treat her and I can enjoy together while we watch her movie.

Sunday, if it is nasty out as the weather currently predicts it to be, I told Angie I am going to take Gracie to see a movie. She's been wanting to see the Spiderwyck Chronicles and I've heard it is pretty good so why not.

All in al it sounds like a pretty decent, if not a bit busy, weekend. I look forward to it.

NOTE: The picture that accompanies this post is from my vintage collection and was taken right before we moved out of our old house. Gracie is still a glamour queen. I know that by the time she is 18 she is going to cost me a great deal in designer clothing.

1 comment:

Brian Bristol said...

I remember that poetry thing. It was fun, and made a lasting impression on me. There are so many things I remember vividly from our childhood. We really have to hand it to our parents for raising us right, and giving us the opportunity to learn what we wanted. It's too bad more parents nowadays can't encourage their children to learn, like we were, without shoving knowledge and activities down their throats.

I've always enjoyed arguing with you Lonnie. Especially way back when we were younger, and your opinions were so much different than mine. It's funny how we've changed, and become even more alike in our beliefs. I still like to argue with you, but usually, after reading your thoughts, it's more of a devil's advocate kind of thing, looking at all sides of the argument, and picking one slightly conflicting with yours just for the hell of it.

Anyway...keep up the writing. I visit this page almost on a daily basis. I know we don't talk near enough, probably due to schedules and being busy all the time. And one of these days, when I find some spare time, I'll even start my own blog (which I've signed up for, but haven't done anything with).

Talk to ya later.

B