Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Other Person That Sleeps at Our House

I have heard you already!

I suppose I will have to admit that there is another person living at my house, though admittedly you people reading this probably see her more than we do. Anyway, a bit of an update on Megan.

Megan is about two weeks away from finishing her first year of college. She won't quite be a sophomore yet because she only has 21 hours under her belt (I believe she needs 24 to receive that honor) but she is doing really well. School has taught her some things about time management and couple that with work and the boyfriend and she is a pretty busy individual. I don't see much of her as she is typically gone by the time I get home, either to work, or to her boyfriend's house. It is Tuesday now and I think I've seen her for about an hour since last Tuesday. She is just that busy.

With school ending here shortly I anticipate she will be working more. She wants to save up as much money as possible so she has it in the fall when she starts back to school. She is also planning on going away to college so having a nice bank account really appeals to her. She is planning on moving down to Ball State University with her friend Kendra. Angie and I are both so happy to hear that. I think she needs to get away and learn to be independent. Mom still does her laundry, still empties her trash, still feeds her. College will give her a world of experience in a nice controlled environment.

I am really surprised she is taking this plunge. She is overly serious about Caleb and I don't think that is in her best interest. Caleb is a good kid, and if she sticks with him over her college years and ends up marrying him, I would not be disappointed. I would however, be disappointed if she gave up on college to be with him. I think she is aware of that and I also don't think she would do that. Megan has, for the most part, made some good decisions in her life. I like to think her mother and I have been a good influence on her. I hope that continues in the future.

Megan is sick of her job at Kroger. I guess she is taking an application over to the YMCA and applying today. They don't pay a great deal, but I think she wants to be able to get a membership at a low price. If she doesn't get that job I think I will inform her that her current college has a big old gym she can use for free. I don't think she has ever thought about that.

Megan has been hanging out with her college friends a lot more and that makes me happy. I think that spending time with others (besides your boyfriend) helps build a better relationship. I also think it makes her want for the college life even more. She is going to be 20 in September and I keep telling her that she is living the best years of her life right now. She needs a diverse lifestyle and she needs to let her hair down and have fun. You can't get that going to your boyfriend's house and sit there while he watches the Nascar race and get the same enjoyment. I think she is learning that.

Well, there is the update on that other person that occupies Balin's future bedroom in my house. If anyone has any questions or comments to pass on to her, feel free to email her personally at moggie4707@yahoo.com I'm sure she would love a note of encouragement.

No comments: